Having a swim spa in your backyard is a great way to destress, unwind, and calm your mind
- Spend time in a swim spa to boost your mental health
- Create a delightful experience by decorating your surroundings
- Add some relaxing music, change the lighting, install plants, and more
- Mix and match these elements to make the best of your spa sessions
A relaxed mind can improve the quality of your life. It’ll give you a newfound zeal and zest for living. Getting there can take a bit of effort and investment, though.
One way to help improve your mental health is with a quality swim spa that can destress your mind and elevate you physically. And, if you install it in your backyard along with beautiful foliage, nice lighting, outdoor furniture, or other decorations, you could have your very own backyard oasis.
A swim spa, combined with other relaxing elements outside, sets the perfect ambiance in your backyard. It’s a fantastic place to unwind after a long, taxing day. A feel-good session in a spa can improve your blood circulation, slow down racing thoughts, and lift your spirit.
Are you eager to beat the blues and improve your mental health? Then a swim spa can help you get there. Let's discover more.
Why should you choose a swim spa to improve your mental health?
You might be wondering what makes a swim spa special for improving your mental health. Well, to start, little beats a warm soak inside an outdoor tub that gives you a body massage with jets.
It's a whole different world as you sit back and let the pressure sprays take over. Sitting in the warm, bubbly water of a swim spa with jets hitting various points on your body creates the most exhilarating experience. The effect is so relaxing on your body, that it translates to relaxing your mind.
These smartly-placed jets can massage your shoulders, thighs, calves, and feet to ease your mind and reduce body tension. The moment they hit the pressure points, your body produces a rush of endorphins – nature’s mood lifters and painkillers. This lowers your stress, and your mind slowly slips into a tranquil state.
Top seven ways to create a relaxing environment around your swim spa
What if you could combine other things that soothe your mind with the benefits of a swim spa? They don’t have to be mutually exclusive. It's just a matter of getting the right combination to create the most relaxing atmosphere. Let's take a look at what you can do:
- Music: What if you could listen to tranquil tunes while relaxing in your backyard oasis? Suddenly, the experience is amplified. You aren't just listening to relaxing beats or your favorite upbeat music – now you’re getting a warm jet-spray massage while doing so. Create a playlist for your soak sessions so you don’t have to think about it.
- ASMR audio: Listening to ASMR (autonomous sensory meridian response) can help you relax while you soak in the warm water of your spa. Besides tingling your brain, ASMR boosts positive emotions and lowers heart rate. ASMR audio is the perfect mindfulness activity to experience while soaking in a swim spa.
- Aromatherapy: Pleasant smells can have a significant impact on your well-being. Adding essential oils to a diffuser placed next to your unit can really enhance the experience. The fragrance from the oils can help to reduce anxiety, agitation, and stress. Try eucalyptus, lavender, rose, or other aromatic, relaxing scents.
- Lighting: Some people recommend turning off the lights to relax. If pitch blackness outside doesn’t sound relaxing, you could install lighting in your backyard in mellow shades like yellow or blue. These colors are more pleasant on your eyes and create a wonderful aura to soothe you after a hard day.
Companions: Think about sharing your relaxing session with a partner or friend, especially if you’re both stressed. Having some social interaction while you relax together can boost your attitude and mental health.
- Plants: Plants may not seem like they would have a big effect, but their presence can help to reduce stress levels and lower your blood pressure. These oxygen producers can also fight your lousy mood. Add a bit of horticulture around your swim spa to beautify the atmosphere and improve your mental health.
- TV: Sure, TV content can be a source of stress (ahem, the news) but if you watch a funny show or one about nature, it can add a positive effect to your soak. Aim to keep all negative energy away. Sit back, stretch out, relax, and enjoy your television show.
Now that we have gone through some ways to enhance a spa session, it’s time to coordinate. Plant some new foliage. Install some outdoor lighting. Set up an outdoor TV. Whatever will improve your mental health is worth investing in.
How does it all come together?
When you invest in a swim spa with any of the techniques mentioned above, you’ll start to witness a host of benefits on your mental and emotional state. One of the key benefits of time spent in a swim spa is improved sleep. When you start getting quality sleep, your mental acuity, mood, and concentration will improve. As a result, you find it easier to cope with the day.
With improved mental health, you’ll discover a new sense of positivity. A clearer, happier mind can help you get through your daily routine with ease. When you go through the day more effortlessly and start being more productive, other things line up automatically. Things fall into place, and you are far less anxious.
Less fatigue and distress means your mind starts to feel better. Take some time for yourself relaxing in a swim spa. It may not seem like it will have a big effect, but it will in the long run.
Improve your mental health today
Wellness is more than physical health, exercise, or nutrition. Though those aspects are very important, wellness also requires good mental health. Your mind affects your body and your body affects your mind, and a swim spa can help both immensely.Barefoot Spas is a family-owned and operated hot tub and swim spa brand in Virginia. We specialize in bringing joy, fitness, and relaxation to our neighbors far and wide. We have the perfect swim spa or fitness spa to meet your needs and budget. Contact us today for more information.